THAI STIR-FRIED BEEF WITH MINT
1 lb Flank steak
2-4 Serrano chillies
- finely chopped
1/4 c Finely chopped garlic
1/2 c Finely chopped yellow onion
1/8 c Vegetable oil -- PLUS:
2 tb Vegetable oil
3 tb Fish sauce
1 tb Granulated sugar
1/2 c Water (more if needed)
1/2 c Mint or basil leaves
- (loosely packed)
Green lettuce leaves
1. Slice the beef across the grain into strips 1/4 inch thick and 2 to 3 inches long. Set aside.
2. Pound or grind the chilies, garlic, and onion to a coarse paste in a mortar or blender. If you use a blender you may need to add the oil to aid in grinding.
3. Heat a wok, add the oil, and swirl it over the surface of the pan. (Do not add more oil if you have ground the chilies, onion, and garlic in oil.) Add the paste from Step 2 and stir-fry until it is light golden.
4. Add the beef and stir-fry until it is a uniform tan color, but do not overcook it.
5. Add the fish sauce, sugar, water, and mint (or basil) leaves. More water may be added if the sauce is too dry. There should be about 1/2 to 3/4 cup sauce, depending on how much water you added.
Ahead of time note: The dish may be prepared a day in advance to this point. To do so, proceed through Step 5, omitting the mint or basil leaves. When you are ready to serve, heat the mixture and add the leaves. If the meat has absorbed the liquid, add just enough warm water to bring it back to the original consistency.
6. Arrange a single layer of lettuce leaves in a serving bowl and put the beef mixture over them. Serve the beef immediately or keep it warm while preparing other dishes.
7. Serve with rice.
- building strength
- Here's a little quick work out that I do, loses we...
- Banana bread recipe - may need to right click, and...
- Grilled Caribbean Chicken
- ITALIAN POTATO SALAD WITH ROSEMARY, LEMON AND CAPE...
- Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Dip with Grilled Pita
- Marinated Chicken Thighs
- Glazed Flank Steak
- THAI STIR-FRIED BEEF WITH MINT
- Beef Satay Skewers: 1 ½ pound boneless beef sirlo...
- Asian Dumplings in Ginger Broth
- To start off
- ▼ September (13)